Orange-Glazed Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Combine the salt, garlic, thyme, ginger and pepper; rub over entire roast. Place roast with fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the remaining glaze ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Brush some of the glaze over roast.
- 3. Bake 1 hour longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, brushing occasionally with glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing; serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (6 ounces) equals 199 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Pork Loin
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.