Orange-Glazed Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Combine the salt, garlic, thyme, ginger and pepper; rub over entire roast. Place roast with fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the remaining glaze ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Brush some of the glaze over roast.
- 3. Bake 1 hour longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, brushing occasionally with glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing; serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (6 ounces) equals 199 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Pork Loin
"Excellent recipe. Made it exactly as written for Easter dinner. Delicious! Will definitely make this again."
"Wow was this great. It smelled good cooking and tasted delicious. We basted the meat and used the leftover as a sauce. I have been trying to figure out what else to put the sauce on. This is a company worthy dish for sure."
"My family loved it. Would definitely make this again. Delicious quick and easy. Next time I'll double the ingredients for the rub just for alittle more kick."
"This is sooo good! I couldn't stop eating it :)"
"Easy and delicious! Didn't change a thing :)"
"We have used this recipe for years - it is SO good! The flavors blend well together and I always get requests for this recipe. It is a no-fail recipe for company. I double the ingredients for the rub - It covers the whole roast a little bit better and is more flavorful."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.