"This recipe from my niece is not only a snap to prepare, it's delicious, too," says field editor Nila Towler of Baird, Texas. A sweet orange glaze perks up these tender pork chops, and there's plenty of sauce to flavor the accompanying rice as well.
Recommended: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops in oil on both sides. Combine brown sugar and orange juice concentrate; pour over the chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until the meat juices run clear. Serve pork and sauce over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Pork Chops in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p10
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2010
"I made this for company and had so many compliments! The chops were very moist and tender. This is now a regular in my home."