This delicious ham looked like a sparkling jewel on the table when my mom served it for Easter dinner. The flavor of the spice rub penetrates through every tender slice. Even its enticing aroma while baking can't match the wonderful taste.
-Ruth Seitz, Columbus Junction, Iowa
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- Kumquats and kale, optional
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of
- the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Combine mustard and
- allspice; rub over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until a
- thermometer reads 140°. Spread top of ham with marmalade during
- the last hour of baking, basting occasionally. Garnish with kumquats
- and kale if desired Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 276 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,159 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer