Orange-Glazed Ham Steaks
These tasty ham steaks combine orange marmalade and maple syrup for a terrific taste that goes beyond dinner: I like to serve leftovers at brunch. We love it with fruit and scrambled eggs. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, syrup, orange juice and chili
- Grill ham steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the
- heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through, brushing
- occasionally with marmalade mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ham steak equals 360 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,845 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer