Orange-Glazed Crullers Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Beat in milk, butter, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Return one portion to the refrigerator. On a floured surface, roll out second portion into an 18x9-in. rectangle; cut width-wise into 3/4-in. strips. Fold each strip in half lengthwise and twist several times. Pinch the ends to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 35-45 minutes.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry crullers, a few at a time, about 1 minute on each side or until golden brown, turning with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; brush over warm crullers. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Crullers(2)
Sort By :
I made this years ago..for family..after which I lost the recipe.I am very excited I stumbled across it tonight..These crullers were so good !!! Everyone scarfed them up immediately as I recall. .I am going to make them for our fair which is next week..If they win a blue ribbon or not..They were Grand Prize winners to our family. Again I am excited I found this wonderful tasting donut..!!!
Bought the Yearly cookbook with this recipe in it, made it and the family and friends loved it, have made it a few times since, will keep making it. I don't make it ahead though, I let it rise on the counter, then roll it out and watch them puff when you fry them.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Doughnuts >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mother's Day Doughnut Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >