One year, I served this recipe and got nothing but raves. My family prefers these moist glazed hens instead of turkey.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated orange peel
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and almonds in butter. Add rice, sugar, salt, thyme and orange peel; mix well. Loosely stuff hens. Place, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow baking pan. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; spoon some over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Cover and bake 40 minutes longer until juices run clear, brushing often with remaining glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Cornish Hens in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p24
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Cornish Hens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review