These tasty Southwestern meatballs warm up a buffet. I add pomegranate seeds, jalapeno pepper jelly and cilantro to make everything pop with color. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- 1 cup corn bread croutons
- 1-1/4 cups mild picante sauce, divided
- 5 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and divided
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 6 ounces fresh chorizo
- 1-1/4 cups orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2/3 cup finely chopped peeled mango
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds, divided, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Crush croutons into fine crumbs. Add 1/2 cup picante sauce and 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate; let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro, egg and salt. Crumble chicken and chorizo into crouton mixture; mix well. With wet hands, shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a 15x10-in. baking pan. Bake until a thermometer reads 165°, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together marmalade, pepper jelly, remaining picante sauce and remaining orange juice concentrate. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in mango, 1 tablespoon cilantro and, if desired, 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds. Pour sauce over meatballs. Serve with remaining cilantro and pomegranate seeds, if desired. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Chicken & Chorizo Meatballs in Taste of Home December 2016
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Chicken & Chorizo Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review