Carrots and radishes give color and crunch to this sweet, spicy side. We never have leftovers. If you make it ahead, reheat and add walnuts before serving. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
- 1 pound fresh pearl onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 pounds medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add carrots, pearl onions, radishes, brown sugar, orange peel and juice; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Carrots, Onions & Radishes in Taste of Home November 2015, p68
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Carrots, Onions & Radishes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review