Orange-Glazed Canadian Bacon
Instead of serving the usual bacon, I like to prepare this recipe that calls for Canadian bacon instead. It's a special brunch recipe that's always well liked. Sue Draheim
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds Canadian bacon
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- In an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray, arrange
- bacon in two rows, overlapping the slices.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, 4 tablespoons brown
- sugar, mustard, cardamom and pepper until blended. Bring to a boil
- over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over
- bacon; arrange bay leaves on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes. Discard bay leaves
- and all but 1/4 cup pan juices. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until bacon is glazed
- and bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 144 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium,