Instead of serving the usual bacon, I like to prepare this recipe that calls for Canadian bacon instead. It's a special brunch recipe that's always well liked. —Sue Draheim
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
- 1-1/4 pounds Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- In an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray, arrange bacon in two rows, overlapping the slices.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, 4 tablespoons brown sugar, mustard, cardamom and pepper until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over bacon; arrange bay leaves on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes. Discard bay leaves and all but 1/4 cup pan juices. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over bacon.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until bacon is glazed and bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Canadian Bacon in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p102
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Canadian Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review