Orange-Glazed Bunny Rolls Recipe
Orange marmalade gives the frosting on these tender yeast rolls a pleasant citrus flavor. Shape the rolls any way you like for any special occasion. —Gerri Brown, Canfield, Ohio
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, shortening, eggs, sugar, orange juice, orange peel, salt and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; turn on a lightly floured surface. Divide into 13 pieces. Shape 12 pieces into 12-in. ropes. Fold each in half; twist top half of the open end twice to form ears. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Shape remaining dough into 12 balls. Place one on the loop end of each roll to form a tail; press into dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Spread over rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 399 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC