Orange-Glazed Broccoli Recipe
- 5 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Place broccoli and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until broccoli is tender; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Cook onions in butter for 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch and salt until smooth. Stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in orange peel; toss broccoli with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 81 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Broccoli
"This was a very easy recipe to make and had a refreshing light orange taste to it. I didn't have an orange on hand, so I didn't add the zest. Also, I had to use a regular onion since I didn't have any green onions. Will definitely make it again!"