Orange-Glazed Broccoli Recipe
- 5 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Place broccoli and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until broccoli is tender; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Cook onions in butter for 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch and salt until smooth. Stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in orange peel; toss broccoli with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 81 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.