Orange-Glazed Bacon Recipe
Just when you thought bacon couldn't get any tastier, our Test Kitchen staff whipped up this tasty recipe starring the favorite breakfast meat drizzled with a sweet orange glaze. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- 2. Place bacon on a rack in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; drain.
- 3. Drizzle half of glaze over bacon. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn bacon and drizzle with remaining glaze. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Place bacon on waxed paper until set. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
3 glazed bacon strips equals 146 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC