Orange Glazed Baby Carrots
There's no need to eat plain old boiled carrots when this recipe is so easy to fix. The slightly sweet orange glaze makes the carrots taste much better.—Mina Dyck, Boissevain, Manitoba
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pepper to taste
- Place carrots in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add orange juice, sugar,
- mustard and pepper; cook and stir until thickened. Drain carrots;
- drizzle with butter mixture. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine and artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 teaspoon sugar) equals 129 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.