At her home in Deerwood, Minnesota, Gloria Bisek perks up fresh asparagus from her garden with a tangy orange glaze. "It's an easy dish for entertaining," she says.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus
- in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan; bring to a boil. Cook,
- uncovered, over medium-high heat until juices are slightly
- thickened. Drizzle over asparagus. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 59 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.