"This is my favorite apple pie recipe," notes Katherine Moss, a field editor from Gaffney, South Carolina. "It's very easy to make and freezes well."
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add apples and raisins; toss to coat. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Spoon apple mixture into crust. Dot with butter; sprinkle with orange juice. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Make cutouts in pastry with small cookie cutters if desired or cut slits in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until blended. Spread over warm pie. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Apple Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p9
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review