Orange Ginger Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, ginger, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk sour cream and egg; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in orange peel.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into a 7-in. circle; cut each into six wedges.
- 3. Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 196 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Orange Ginger Scones
"Love to make scones! I serve them often for some of the catering events I do for women. The ginger and orange are such a bright taste in these scones. I like to make Devonshire cream to serve with the scones."
"Even my granddaughter,who usually doesn't like scones, really enjoyed these."