Orange Ginger Scones Recipe
A sprinkling of sugar tops off these tender treats with a touch of sweetness. I like to serve them hot with butter and jam.Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, ginger, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk sour cream and egg; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in orange peel.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into a 7-in. circle; cut each into six wedges.
- Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Ginger Scones in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p19
Reviews for Orange Ginger Scones(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2009
Even my granddaughter,who usually doesn't like scones, really enjoyed these.