Orange-Ginger Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bone-in pork loin chop (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large saucepan, cook ginger and garlic in oil for 1 minute; remove from the heat. Stir in the sherry or broth, honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, orange peel and hot pepper sauce. Pour 1/2 cup into a small bowl; set aside. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side; basting occasionally with sauce or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange-Ginger Pork Chops(2)
Sort By :
I liked it, but my husband said there was too much sherry in it, so much so that it overpowered any other flavor. Next time, I'll half it with broth.
For what it's worth, I baked it in the oven in the marinade. I don't have the patience for the broiler, and am apt to burn it that way, anyway.
The only modification is I didn't cook the ginger and garlic in oil. I left the oil out. I didn't realize until it was too late I was supposed to saute them.
This was just okay for us. I thought the recipe looked fantastic and even used the sherry and all. Only ingredient I didn't have was sesame seeds, but I don't think they would have improved our overall impression. They tasted fine, but there are so many better pork recipes out there I wouldn't bother with this one again. The sauce was surprisingly orange flavored considering there was only grated peel in there and no juice. No a bad recipe, but not one I'm excited about.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >