- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional garnishes: thinly sliced green onion and sesame seeds
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil in batches over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook and stir until thickened. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Ginger Chicken
Sort By :
"My husband and I found it too sweet. With all the excellent reviews, I was very disappointed. Have enjoyed many of TOH recipes in the past. Will not make again."
"Wonderful! Loved the simplicity (not much chopping) and the great flavor. Adding to the rotation."
"We really like this. I double the sauce especially if I add veggies to it. Super easy. I think it could translate well with pineapple too."
"I wish I could post a video of the theatrics my son put on to "proclaim his love" for this chicken. I guess I'll have to make it again! The sauce wouldn't thicken up for me, so I added a little cornstarch mixed with water and that did the trick."
"This recipe is excellent. I doubled the sauce and added a clove of pressed garlic plus a little cornstarch to thicken."