- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional garnishes: thinly sliced green onion and sesame seeds
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil in batches over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook and stir until thickened. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Ginger Chicken(17)
Sort By :
We really like this. I double the sauce especially if I add veggies to it. Super easy. I think it could translate well with pineapple too.
I wish I could post a video of the theatrics my son put on to "proclaim his love" for this chicken. I guess I'll have to make it again! The sauce wouldn't thicken up for me, so I added a little cornstarch mixed with water and that did the trick.
This recipe is excellent. I doubled the sauce and added a clove of pressed garlic plus a little cornstarch to thicken.
My family and I loved this recipe! I used too used chicken breast instead of thighs. Much better than take out!!!
This is a fabulous dish and really easy to make! When we're craving chinease food...I make this as a healthier alternative!