This colorful stir-fry is chock-full of tasty veggies, tender chicken chunks and a light, zippy sauce. Tangy oranges and crunchy cashews add extra pizzazz. "The recipe was an experiment," shares Nancy Johnson of Turah, Montana. "We love Asian food, and this dish filled the bill nicely."
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium navel orange
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashews
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Grate orange peel, reserving 1-1/2 teaspoons. Peel and section orange; set orange sections aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and ginger. Stir in the broth, soy sauce, chili sauce, hot pepper sauce and reserved grated orange peel until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the broccoli, peppers and carrot; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cashews and reserved orange sections. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Ginger Chicken and Veggies in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p42
Reviews forOrange-Ginger Chicken and Veggies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2009
"It was Excellent!I am making it for the third time."