Orange Gelatin Salad
Our six kids love helping me peel, measure, pour and stir in the kitchen. With sweet orange segments, tangy pineapple and crunchy carrots, this is one of their favorites to make—and eat!—Joan Parker, Charlotte, North Carolina
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup grated carrots
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Drain pineapple, reserving
- juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to make 1 cup;
- stir into gelatin. Chill until partially set. Fold in oranges,
- carrots and pineapple. Pour into a 5-cup serving bowl. Chill until
- firm. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 121 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.