- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels and 3 teaspoons sugar; stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add pineapple and oranges. Chill until partially set, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Gently spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Orange Gelatin Pretzel Salad
Sort By :
Will try blueberries and lemon gelatin next time...stay tuned.
This recipe is OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD. I am a baking heroine at my church because of this recipe! I have successfully substituted the pretzels with 2 & 3/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs. I have also used Strawberry gelatin with 2 cups of frozen, chopped strawberries. HINT: Using frozen or freezer chilled fruit will help your gelatin to set up more quickly; use the mixer to break up the gelatin and distribute the fruit, if necessary.
This is delicious made with raspberry jello and using frozen raspberries!!
This is, without a doubt.....the bomb! You can't go wrong with this. No joke! I love it. I had it for breakfast!
I made this to bring to church and while the jello was firming up in the fridge, my little sister (6) happened to catch a glance of it and... unfortunately she couldn't keep herself from digging in. It didn't look quite as pretty when I brought it to church, but it was gone before everyone had gone through the line to get food! I would definitely make this again (but hide it so my lil sis stays out! :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >