I adapted this recipe from one using strawberries and strawberry gelatin. The pretzels give the refreshing layered salad a nice crunch. It's a favorite in our family. —Peggy Boyd, Northport, Alabama
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine pretzels and 3 teaspoons sugar; stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add pineapple and oranges. Chill until partially set, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Gently spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Orange Gelatin Pretzel Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p31
Reviews for Orange Gelatin Pretzel Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review