Orange Garlic Spareribs
"We enjoy making these zesty ribs year-round," writes Cindy Unger of Olds, Alberta. "The meat is fall-off-the-bone tender, and the rich dark sauce has hints or orange and garlic. We like to spoon extra sauce over rice."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place ribs in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; season with salt and
- pepper. Cover tightly with foil; bake at 350° for 45 minutes;
- In a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Pour over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes or until ribs are
- tender, basting frequently. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 542 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 1,566 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.