This stick-to-your-ribs dish has never failed me. While it's baking, I can prepare a simple vegetable side dish or salad to complete the meal.—Paula Pelis Marchesi, New York, New York
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- In a large bowl, combine the green onions, soy sauce, water, wine or additional water, sugar, 3 teaspoons oil, orange juice, peel, vinegar and ginger. Stir in tapioca and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place the beef and potatoes in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Pour tapioca mixture over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Flavored Beef and Potatoes in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Orange-Flavored Beef and Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review