Orange Flank Steak
“This is my favorite steak recipe. When served with a tossed salad and a baked potato, it makes a hearty meal.” This easy to prepare recipe has a mild but tasty orange flavor.
—Gloria Bisek, Deerwood, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min. + standing
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate
- for 8 hours or overnight.
- Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat or grill, covered, over medium-hot
- heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil or grill orange slices for 2 minutes. To serve,
- thinly slice steak across the grain. Garnish with orange slices.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef equals 322 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium,