Orange Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat or grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, broil or grill orange slices for 2 minutes. To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain. Garnish with orange slices. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 322 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Orange Flank Steak
"The steak with the marinade after barbequing developed a unique and voluptuous flavor. Quite sexy and satisfying. Very simple recipe, but appears difficult. My compliments and thanks to taste of home."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.