Orange Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat or grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, broil or grill orange slices for 2 minutes. To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain. Garnish with orange slices. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 322 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Orange Flank Steak
"The steak with the marinade after barbequing developed a unique and voluptuous flavor. Quite sexy and satisfying. Very simple recipe, but appears difficult. My compliments and thanks to taste of home."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.