“This is my favorite steak recipe. When served with a tossed salad and a baked potato, it makes a hearty meal.” This easy to prepare recipe has a mild but tasty orange flavor. —Gloria Bisek, Deerwood, Minnesota
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat or grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil or grill orange slices for 2 minutes. To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain. Garnish with orange slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Flank Steak in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p48
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Orange Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review