Orange and chocolate team up in this full-flavored fudge. My daughter, Melissa, created the recipe one day when experimenting in the kitchen.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter and set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes; stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in chocolate chips and marshmallow creme until melted and blended. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; carefully peel off foil. Cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Orange Fantasy Fudge in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p190
Reviews for Orange Fantasy Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review