Orange Drop Cookies
It's easy to whip up a batch of these cookies in no time. A friend shared the recipe with me years ago.—Lou Borcherding, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, orange peel and
- extract. Fold in coconut. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart
- onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine icing
- ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cookies. Yield:
- about 5 dozen.
Editor's Note: Orange cake mix may be substituted for the white cake mix. Omit the orange extract.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 165 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium,