Orange Drop Cookies Recipe
It's easy to whip up a batch of these cookies in no time. A friend shared the recipe with me years ago.—Lou Borcherding, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, orange peel and extract. Fold in coconut. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 165 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC