It's easy to whip up a batch of these cookies in no time. A friend shared the recipe with me years ago.—Lou Borcherding, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, orange peel and extract. Fold in coconut. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Drop Cookies in Country Woman March/April 2001, p35
Reviews for Orange Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2013
"My family raved about these and they have now been added to the must have holiday cookie list! Super easy to make!"