Orange Drop Cookies
Shared by Grace Nevlis of Steubenville, Ohio, This recipe comes from a nursing home where she worked, so it makes a big batch. The cookie's delicate citrus flavor was loved by all.
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, orange juice and
- peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually
- add to creamed mixture and mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in.
- apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes
- or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield:
- about 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 109 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.