It's easy to whip up a batch of these cookies in no time. A friend shared the recipe with me years ago.—Lou Borcherding, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, orange peel and extract. Fold in coconut. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Drop Cookies in Country Woman March/April 2001, p35
Reviews for Orange Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review