A fellow teacher shared this recipe with me. We have several great cooks on our teaching staff, and each of us takes turns bringing special treats to the lounge. These moist, chewy cookies with a pleasant orange flavor are a favorite.—Susan Warren, North Manchester, Indiana
27 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars
- until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and orange peel. Combine the
- flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and
- mix well. Stir in vanilla chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 181 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.