Orange Dreams Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and orange peel. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Orange Dreams(9)
Sort By :
This is my family's new favorite cookie. To call it simply devine is an understatement!
I found this recipie a few years ago. Now it is required at christmas as it is my daughters favorite. I have used food coloring to change the color.
Wonderful recipe! It reminds us of going to Borders a long time ago and eating the lemon/white chocolate cookies! The orange flavor was not very present in these cookies, which is why it reminded us more of lemon! Still, a great recipe! All of the cookies were gone three hours after I made them!
I used extra fresh orange zest and found that it was still lacking orange flavor in my judgement. So I added 2Tb fresh orange juice and 2Tb flour. It was better. When I make them again I think I'd use white chocolate chunks instead of chips to make them a little more special.
One of the best cookies I have ever tasted!!! YUM!!!!!!