Orange Dream Torte Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until syrupy.
- 2. Fold in 3 cups whipped topping; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; gradually beat in milk. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- 3. Grease the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Arrange ladyfingers around edge of pan. Set aside 1-1/2 cups of the orange mixture. Alternately spoon the cream cheese mixture and remaining orange mixture into pan. Spread reserved orange mixture over top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- 4. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with mandarin oranges. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (prepared with sugar-free gelatin, reduced-fat whipped topping, reduced-fat cream cheese and fat-free milk) equals 193 calories, 9 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.