Orange Dream Parfaits Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 3 cups orange sherbet, softened
- 6 clear plastic cups (8 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in marshmallows and half of the whipped cream. Set aside. In another bowl, fold remaining whipped cream into sherbet.
- Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of sherbet mixture into each plastic cup; top with 3 tablespoonfuls cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Orange Dream Parfaits
Sort By :
I would make this recipe again but I would leave out the marshmallows. My husband, myself and our two guests agreed that the marshmallow texture was strange.
It tasted really good, but I had trouble witrh the layering. The cream cheese mixture just sunk down in the orange and you couldn't even see it very well. I ended up pouring the bottom layer and freezing then adding the second and freezing then added the top and that worked fine but it took alot more time
I think marshmallow fluff is a bit better than the marshmallows - makes for a smoother finish. :-)
To be truthful I have not made this dessert be for, but remember if it's got Cream Cheese, then it's going to the Best!! I have made a salad that we all call 'Orange Goody Salad' & everytime I make it there is never any leftovers. It's made with Cool Whip, Canned oranges, & Orange Jello (that you have to whip).This dessert reminds me alot of it. I believe that orange is something that always goes over no matter what it is. I can't wait too try this recipe!!
It sounded good, but I'm not a fan of cream cheese, I might try the whipped topping and marshmallows