Orange Dream Cups
"Hollowed-out orange 'cups' make this recipe unique and fun...and the light fluffy filling is so refreshing," writes Elizabeth Alvarez of Bedford, Texas. "These cut dessert cups are always a hit with kids and company."
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 4 large navel oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- Cut each orange in half widthwise; carefully remove fruit from both
- halves, leaving shells intact. Set shells aside. Section orange
- pulp, then dice (discard orange juice or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add frozen
- yogurt; stir until melted. Fold in orange pulp. Refrigerate until
- thickened. spoon into reserved orange shells. Cover and freeze for 3
- hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 filled orange half) equals 119 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.