- 4 large navel oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- Cut each orange in half widthwise; carefully remove fruit from both halves, leaving shells intact. Set shells aside. Section orange pulp, then dice (discard orange juice or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add frozen yogurt; stir until melted. Fold in orange pulp. Refrigerate until thickened. spoon into reserved orange shells. Cover and freeze for 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Orange Dream Cups
Sort By :
prepare orange pulp first
put "left-over" orange juice in the cup and finish filling the cup with warm water and heat to boiling...dissolve orange gelatin...finish preparing the recipe as given...better flavor...fresher
I found that leaving the cups in the freezer for 2 hours was not necessary and took too long to defrost. I also found that one needs to have oranges that are flat on stem and blossom ends or they do not set well in dishes. I agree that they were time consuming.
I made this recipe for my girlfriends birthday. It doesn't take long in the refrigerator b/4 you can put into orange cups. I would take out of freezer and set b/4 serving. We put in microwave for 30 sec. and it was a big hit.
I found it was too time comsuming
I made this recipe for a gathering that I attended of my girlfriends, most of whom I have known for more than 40 years. They absolutely loved it, but I do suggest that you take it out of the freezer a while before serving so that it has time to soften a bit.
More Recipe Collections
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >