Orange Dream Cake Recipe
We tried to save room for a big slice of this pretty cake. The flavor of orange and lemon really comes through. With a heavenly whipped cream frosting, this cake is a delightful end to a terrific meal. -Willa Govoro, St. Clair, Missouri
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in juices and peel until well blended (mixture may appear curdled). Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended.
- 2. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, juices and 3 teaspoons peel. Let stand for 10-15 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Fold in whipped cream. Spread between cake layers and over the top. Sprinkle with remaining orange peel. Chill for at least 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 369 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Dream Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC