Orange Dream Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in juices and peel until well blended (mixture may appear curdled). Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended.
- 2. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, juices and 3 teaspoons peel. Let stand for 10-15 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Fold in whipped cream. Spread between cake layers and over the top. Sprinkle with remaining orange peel. Chill for at least 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 369 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Orange Dream Cake
"Good recipe, makes a small-sized cake with an appealing blend of flavors. The original recipe from the magazine calls for 8-inch layer pans, (not 9-inch), which probably makes a difference. I was careful not to overbake it. Will definitely make this again."
"I made this cake this wkd and I followed all the instruccions, on the top I put Lemon curd instead of this creamy top. The cake is dry when u eat it. Is not big enough to cut it in the middle to put this creamy top! instead of that I have a hole in the middle. I couldnt cut it. The cake is dry but the taste is good but I´m not going to make it again. If u dream with this cake better do another."
"Its amazing thaaaaaaaaaaanks dear"
"this cake is awesome. Moist and full of flavor. I used a lemon frosting and garnished with orange peel and it was great. I also used a little less sugar than stated. Highly recommended"