Orange Delight Recipe
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 carton (15 ounces) Galbani® Reduced-Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free sugar-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract, optional
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1. In a bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. In a saucepan, combine orange juice, sugar and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, cover and process ricotta cheese until smooth. Add the yogurt, orange peel, extract if desired and gelatin mixture; cover and process until smooth. Set aside 1/3 cup oranges for garnish. Add remaining oranges to yogurt mixture. Spoon into the crust.
- 3. Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Arrange reserved oranges on top. Melt marmalade; spoon over top. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 slices.
One slice equals 249 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.