- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free sugar-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract, optional
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- In a bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. In a saucepan, combine orange juice, sugar and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, cover and process ricotta cheese until smooth. Add the yogurt, orange peel, extract if desired and gelatin mixture; cover and process until smooth. Set aside 1/3 cup oranges for garnish. Add remaining oranges to yogurt mixture. Spoon into the crust.
- Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Arrange reserved oranges on top. Melt marmalade; spoon over top. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 slices.
Originally published as Orange Delight in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p54
Reviews for Orange Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2014
"I found the marmalade too strong, but I really liked everything else. This is my first time trying marmalade so maybe the brand I got wasn't good."