Orange Date Muffins Recipe
"Anyone who likes dates and the flavor of orange will think these moist muffins are a treat," confirms Rosella Peters of Gull Lake, Saskatchewan. "I get compliments each time I serve them."
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine eggs, orange juice and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in dates, walnuts and orange peel. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 251 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Orange Date Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC