Orange-Date Coffee Cake Recipe
You'll want to eat Pat Walter's delicate cake a sliver at a time…just to make the enjoyment last. “The splash of orange juice and chewy dates are what make this recipe extra-special,“ Pat adds from Pine Island, Minnesota.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil, orange juice and peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in dates.
- 2. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. In a bowl, combine the nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 309 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Orange-Date Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC