Orange Date Bread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in walnuts, dates and orange peel. Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until done. Combine glaze ingredients; spoon half over hot bread. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; spoon remaining glaze over bread. Yield: 32 servings.
Reviews for Orange Date Bread(4)
Sort By :
Fantastic. The only thing I will change for next time is to omit the peel in the glaze--it looks weird on top of the bread.
Well worth the little effort....moist, sweet and delicious....and I don't even like dates!! I'll be making this again for friends and family!!!
I am actually making this recipe tonight for a friend..it is amazing that zing orange flavor and the dates...out of this world. my husband is my best critic he is picky but this one heloved it...thank you for sharing this recipe...
Used this (with minor changes) to make my date bread. Tossed in a grated zucchini, and I always use fake buttermilk (tbsp of lemon juice in fat free milk). My husband LOVED it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >