Orange Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sweetened plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- Dash salt, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine cucumbers and orange slices. Combine yogurt and orange juice; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Just before serving, season with salt if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 71 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.