Orange Crispy Cookies Recipe
"A boxed cake mix brings these cookies together in a snap," says Fort Bragg, California's Barbara Wentzel. Big on orange flavor but short on kitchen time, the crowd-pleasers are the solution to your bake sale needs. In fact, they're getting so tasty, you might have trouble getting them past your family and to the sale!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in cereal and walnuts if desired. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 134 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC