"A boxed cake mix brings these cookies together in a snap," says Fort Bragg, California's Barbara Wentzel. Big on orange flavor but short on kitchen time, the crowd-pleasers are the solution to your bake sale needs. In fact, they're getting so tasty, you might have trouble getting them past your family and to the sale!
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in cereal and walnuts if desired. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Crispy Cookies in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p22
Reviews forOrange Crispy Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2012
"Super easy to make and really good. I get complimented on them all the time. A nice diversion from the standard cookies."
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2010
"Why so many recipes with no picture?"