Orange Crispy Cookies Recipe
"A boxed cake mix brings these cookies together in a snap," says Fort Bragg, California's Barbara Wentzel. Big on orange flavor but short on kitchen time, the crowd-pleasers are the solution to your bake sale needs. In fact, they're getting so tasty, you might have trouble getting them past your family and to the sale!
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in cereal and walnuts if desired. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Crispy Cookies in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p22
Reviews for Orange Crispy Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2012
Super easy to make and really good. I get complimented on them all the time. A nice diversion from the standard cookies.
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2010
Why so many recipes with no picture?