Orange Crispies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Sugar or orange-colored sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, extract and salt. Add flour; mix well. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1-2 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle warm cookies with sugar. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 158 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Orange Crispies
"Basically a orange flavored sugar cookie. Pretty good if you are wanting a break from chocolate."