Orange Crispies Recipe
When I want to drop a little sunshine into my cookie jar, I bake up a double batch of these citrusy and sweet treats.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:21 servings
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Sugar or orange-colored sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, extract and salt. Add flour; mix well. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1-2 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle warm cookies with sugar. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 158 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC